It is the Policy of Blackwood Plant Hire Ltd (BPH) to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees while at work and to protect its customers, visitors and the general public from injury due to the work activities. In addition, BPH is committed to do all it can reasonably do to continually improve its health & safety performance by setting and monitoring clearly defined safety objectives as listed below. BPH will therefore comply with all statutory requirements, regulations and approved codes of practice and have a management system in place that meets the requirements of EN ISO 45001:2018. BPH will therefore, so far as is reasonably practicable ensure:
- The provision and maintenance of safe plant/equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health;
- That arrangements are made for safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances used throughout the Company’s undertakings.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary for the health and safety at work of employees.
- As regards any place of work under its control, the maintenance of same in a condition that is without risk to safety and health and the provision and maintenance of means of access and egress that are safe.
- To ensure a safe working environment and provision of adequate welfare facilities for its workforce.
It is the duty of all employees:
- To take reasonable care for their own safety and welfare, together with that of any other person, at their places of work;
- To co-operate with the employer at all times to enable duties laid on the Employer to be performed or complied with.
- Not to misuse or disregard apparatus provided in the interests of health and safety.
To assist management in achieving these objectives, our competent Health and Safety Consultant will provide a means of effectively monitoring health and safety performance.
Additionally, we will ensure:
- There is the provision for adequate resources.
- Training needs are identified and met.
- Managers/supervisors demonstrate to staff their commitment to Health, Safety and Welfare
- Plant and equipment, owned or hired, is of safe design and properly maintained.
- Suitable welfare provision for all staff at or near work sites, providing shelter and messing facilities
- That BPH comply with all applicable railway regulations and standards relevant to the Company’s undertakings and while working on the Rail Infrastructure.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the successful implementation of this policy.
This health and safety policy will be reviewed annually or when circumstances brought to the Company’s notice require it.
The joint co-operation of all employees in the observance of this policy will provide healthy and safe working conditions and will be of advantage to all. Staff will be encouraged to document and report incidents/near misses, these reports will be investigated and the aim is to prevent recurrence
Signed Paul McCormack
Managing Director Dated: 05 April 2020
Authorised By: R Mcmillan